Student Drop Off / Pick Up Procedures
For safety purposes, we request that these procedures be followed.
||Please remember that the car drop-off line is a cell phone free zone. For the safety of your child as well as other children and teachers, please refrain from talking on your cell phone while you are in the line.
Arrival – Drop Off
- Children should not be dropped off at school before 7:20 a.m. Prior to this time, there is no supervision provided.
- Students should be dropped off at the designated drop off zone located at the rear of the building near the gymnasium. Please loop around the circle and pull your vehicle to the end of the drop off circle. All students arriving after 7:20 a.m. will remain in the cafeteria until dismissed.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 7:55 a.m. Children not eating breakfast are dismissed from the cafeteria at 7:30 a.m.
- Please stay in your car and allow your child to enter the building under the supervision of the administrators and safety patrols on duty.
- Please stay in the car line and do not pass other vehicles.
- Please remember that the handicap spaces are reserved for cars with a handicap tag.
- For safety purposes, parents should have a visitor’s pass when entering the building.
- If you have items to deliver to the classroom, leave them in the office. We will be happy to deliver them for you.
Dismissal - Pick Up
- If you wish to pick up your child before 2:30 p.m. dismissal, you should sign your child out before 2:00 p.m.
- If there is a change of dismissal plans for your child/children, please notify the school in writing or by phone prior to 1:30 p.m. This ensures that we are able to deliver the proper information to your child/children before dismissal.
- Please inform the office and teacher if there are persons who are not allowed to pick up your child. Pertinent custody documents will be kept on file in the child’s school record.
- Parents will follow the same driving procedures as followed for morning drop off.
- Dismissal for car rider students begins at 2:30 p.m. in rear of the building.
- Staff members will be on duty to assist students who are being picked up and will supervise each child to his/her car.
- Parents who are picking up should remain in their vehicles at all times.
- The name of your child/children should be displayed on the rear view mirror or the passenger’s window on the form that is provided by the school.
- The school must be informed in writing if a student is riding a different bus. Bus changes for the day must be approved by an administrator prior to a student boarding a bus that he/she does not normally ride. Otherwise students are to ride their regular bus and depart the bus at their assigned stop. In case of emergency, parents may call the bus office at 864-639-5143.